Cinematics Software Engineer-IEB-Black Tusk Studios (814678) Job
Date: May 22, 2013
Location: Vancouver, CA
Location: Vancouver, CA
Job ID: 814678-95760
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
Microsoft Studios Vancouver is looking for a talented engineer to work as a generalist assisting to develop end-to-end workflows for Cinematics and Environments for a AAA game. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to work side by side with various stakeholders to create, enhance, and troubleshoot Cinematics workflows, tools and runtimes.
- Design, implement and support the end to end cinematic content pipeline and tools for a AAA game.
- Maintain tools for performance and stability.
- Increase the overall effectiveness of the development teams by aligning closely with various disciplines on the development teams.
- Make recommendations for content pipeline and tools development.
- Develop content driven workflows.
- Develop new technology and tools within 3D software packages, write and maintain windows applications and building tools.
- Must have 3-5+ years of experience in video games.
- University level degree in computer science, Math, Physics or comparable experience.
- Experience with high level / object oriented languages (C++, C#, Python, MEL script).
- Experience developing and maintaining end-to-end cinematic and animation workflows and runtimes for video games.
- Experience shipping PC or console video games with current generation platform experience (Xbox360, PS3).
- Strong math background.
- Able to collaborate effectively with artists & designers and work across multiple projects.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of solid software engineering practices, experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies a plus.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team. Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner and be a dynamic problem solver.
- Passion for playing as well as coding video games.
- Experience in the areas of UI, Character & Crowd pipelines, gameplay, animation, physics, graphics, low level systems or sound programming is a plus.
- A solid understanding of the mathematics required for 3D computer graphics is highly desired.
- Prior cinematic / game development experience with a focus on gameplay and animation would be beneficial.
- Exposure to a 3D package and animation techniques in that package, preferably Maya and/or MotionBuilder would be beneficial,
- Good sense of humor is a necessity.
*To consider similar openings within Microsoft, use keywords: Microsoft Studios
Job Segments: Developer, Engineer, Game Designer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering