Director of Communications - Microsoft Studios - Lift London Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: London, GB
Location: London, GB
Job ID: 829020-105733
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
Director of Communications
Interactive Entertainment Business: Europe, Middle East, Asia
Location: Soho, London
Package: Competitive Salary + Bonuses + Benefits
Lift London are looking for a Director of Communications to manage its global customer communications across a range of channels.
This is a senior role that will play a key role in shaping and leading Lift’s communication strategy both at a global and product level.
Lift London is a new type of games studio that will be making games primarily for smartphones and tablets. We are looking for a Communications Director who understands the changing relationships between consumers and brands, and can develop communications strategies that engage and delight customers at all stages of the lifecycle. We are looking for creative thinkers who aren’t afraid to challenge conventions and do things in new ways.
- Develop and lead a multi-channel, multi-language communications strategy as part of the overall marketing strategy at both a studio and product level
- Own the customer post the point of initial acquisition, developing communication programmes to drive relevant KPIs (monetisation, retention, ARPU, k-factor)
- Lead the brand development process for new games including brand naming, positioning, establishing of the consumer proposition and key messaging, customer segmentation and visual identity. Take responsibility for the ongoing development of our brands throughout the product lifecycle, while also ensuring that our brand communications are always consistent
- Develop innovative and eye-catching marketing communications that help to turn our original IP into brands, acquire high volumes of customers and support and enhance the user experience to ensure that key monetisation and retention metrics are achieved
- Develop and lead Lift’s CRM programme that leverages multiple channels to communicate with customers to drive desired behaviours. Develop our customer segmentation and profiling capabilities, craft messaging strategies by segment, build programmes of engaging promotions and events and develop Lift’s loyalty and rewards programmes
- Develop and execute Lift’s content marketing strategy to engage with customers at all stages of the customer lifecycle and which can be effectively distributed across multiple channels
- Manage social media programmes that deliver engagement and measureable ROI across all social channels. Ensure that Lift are constantly at the forefront with latest developments in the social space. Put in place a community management strategy that motivates and retains customers while also helps address customer service requirements
- Own Lift’s PR strategy from both a corporate and product perspective across both B2B and B2C channels. Manage product launches and develop ongoing PR strategies for when games enter the service stage
- Ideas-led, creative and keen to challenge conventions
- Experience of working within high-paced, service-based, direct to consumer digital environment
- Team leadership and the ability to work well within diverse, cross-disciplinary teams
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence upwards and outwards
- Strong understanding of brand and its importance within a performance-led marketing environment
- Project and budget management
- Ability to analyse data to understand user behaviour and gain actionable insights
- Interest and strong understanding of gaming, ideally across new platforms
How will the role fit in the marketing org?
The Communications Director will be one of the three leads within the marketing team (the others being product management and user acquisition). In the FY14 ramp this role will have the largest team of direct reports.
KPIs that role will be accountable for:
- Monetisation rates
- Churn/retention rates
- ARPU and ARPPU
- PR coverage (ad equivalent or similar metric)
- Positive brand sentiment
- Social exposure (likes, followers etc.
We are a 21st Century Entertainment Studio. Built from the ground up in a new way; staffed by the best of the best and releasing awesome games & experiences for a connected audience. We deliver “Entertainment as A Service” - Where, When & How You Want It. We’ll go beyond the box… Great games & experiences on Tablets, Mobiles & TVs, powered by Microsoft and delivered through our cloud services.
Special Requirements/Additional Information e.g. Language Skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.mspx
Job Segments: Manager, Communications, Marketing Communications, PLM, Microsoft, Management, Marketing, Technology